Friday, August 7, 2015

The Secret to Sensational Summer Legs

Hello everybody! This summer has nearly come and gone, but this tip was too important not to share. Because I, Jenna Sais Quois, have uncovered––after twenty eight summers of life––THE secret to my best ever summer legs! Seriously, they've been smooth, glowing, and most importantly not transparent (because other than freckles, I do not tan #gingerproblems). And while I wish I could tell you that it just happened and requires minimal work, there are a few critical steps involved. But not to worry, I've outlined the different steps and products I use below! Best of luck with your own sexy summer gams, ladies or gents!

Step 1: Dry Brushing
Now, this is a new to 2015 step for me, but beauty bloggers and vloggers have been recommending it like crazy, saying it helps to smooth, exfoliate, and even reduce the appearance of cellulite. I don't just use it on my legs, I use it all over my body, and have definitely noticed improvements. The dry brush I use is from The Body Shop for $12.00 and worth every penny.

Step 2: Exfoliating
I think exfoliating is super important for both the health and overall look of your skin, and it's a step I've always done though my products of choice have evolved over time. The Clinique Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliator feels gentle and lovely but the best feature for me is the packaging, which takes up very little space on my shower shelf vs. most others that come in large pots.

Step 3: Shaving
This razor was new-to-me for the Summer of 2015 and I'm loving it. It's called the Venus Swirl Razor from Gillette, and the unique ball joint at the head makes the razor perfect for navigating the contours of your knees and ankles. It's kind of like the Dyson Vacuum of razors, in that way! I'm a big fan, and will definitely be continuing to use this razor for the foreseeable future. I just need to order the replacement blades from Target or something, because I can't find them in Duane Reade. 

These next few stops can be either combined, or used independently of one another. I like to use 2 out of 3 for everyday, and a combo of all 3 for special occasions. 

Step 4: Moisturizing
This moisturizer has been my favorite product of 2015, hands-down. It's the Jergen's BB Body Protecting Skin Cream, and it's firming, nourishing, formulated to hide skin imperfections, and gives the skin such a beautiful luster. Plus it smells amazing. Whenever someone catches the scent of it, they always ask me "What is that scent?" like it's perfume or something. I've gone through two bottles already this summer, and they aren't cheap for a drugstore lotion but I don't even care. Give me more. I'm addicted. I will say, I use the medium to dark lotion on my pale skin, because it blends beautifully and gives me a nice subtle tint to the skin when I'm not going full-out with my next favorite product.

Step 5: Tanning
I am very happy I discovered Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs, a product I've seen in drugstores for years - but was a little too scared to try the airbrush can because it seemed, I don't know, too intimidating. But behold - there's a new lotion formula. I like to apply this after my Jergen's lotion, so it's a bit easier to blend into the legs. I just let it dry-dry-dry completely before I dress for the day. It is truly a miracle product! It evens and perfects your legs until they literally look like Hollywood Barbie legs or something. And it isn't like most self-tanning products that have a chemical smell and leave a permanent affect (where if you mess it up, you're stuck with it for quite a while). Small Disclaimer though: This comes off with a scrub in the shower. But if it rains, it may rub off on clothes so check the weather! And don't ever sit on a white couch, just in case...

Step 6: Glowing
If I'm not doing the full tanned leg bit, I do quite like to add a glow to my moisturizing lotion (all over, not just on my legs) and just strobe out my whole body by adding a bit of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector ––I use the shade Opal––and it gives a gorgeous effect. I don't actually love a liquid luminizing product on my face, but I love it for body. it looks beautiful on legs, shoulders, décolleté, wherever you want a healthy summer glow. 

Hope all your gams are glowing out this August! xo Jenna

0 comments:

Post a Comment