Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Call Me, Maybe?

There are sooo many good jams songs about telephones...from Blondie, to The Backstreet Boys (a millennial classic), right down the the Song of 2012 from Carly Rae Jepson. Though I have to admit I am not personally very good at answering my telephone–SORRY friends and family! Yes, I'm aware it means I'm a bit antisocial if I prefer texting, and sort of can't remember a time before my iPhone was more for apps than conversation. But, after contemplating the purchase of few of these vintage phones on Etsy, purely for decoration, I can kind of see why the Telephone Hour was so popular.

1 Red 1980's Desk Phone – $42.50
2 Mustard 1980's Swedish-made Phone – $54.00
3 Yellow Push-Button Phone – $75.00
4 Vintage Green Rotary Phone – $27.50
5 Vintage Green USSR-Made Rotary Phone – $19.00
6 Vintage Purple USSR-Made Rotary Phone – $39.00

1 comment:

  1. Since we have a landline that's not in use... I'm buying us one of these photos. It'll encourage home calls and another cute home accessory :) Miss you! M

    ReplyDelete