Thursday, July 5, 2012

We're the Kids in America

I hope you all had a fantastic Fourth of July! I spent my day at Fort Tilden Park, located in the far Rockaway area, just laying in the sun, swimming in the ocean and getting sunburnt to a crisp. It was unbelievably perfect, (except for the sunburn part. Don't forget your SPF!) And it wasn't toooo crowded considering the rest of New York City had the day off. It's easy to forget that I live in a coastal town, since I typically stay close to the gridiron. But as long as you don't mind taking the subway for an hour and a half, then hopping a shuttle, and then hopping a bus, you're never too far from the beach! I need to go explore the different beaches every weekend until Autumn. But next time I'll remember to take more time applying my sunscreen, so I won't spend the entire next day slathering on the aloe and walking like Frankenstein. Here are some instagram photos taken throughout the day. Also, I couldn't hit you with that title and not give you a chance to hear this 90s classic...Enjoy!

My favorite, taken toward the end of the day. Photo by Jaclyn Denmark.


Fourth of July beach style. Photo by Galina Arnaut.


The long walk from the bus stop to the water! Photo by Jenna Brucoli.
The beach at Fort Tilden Park at 12:00 noon. Photo by Jenna Brucoli.
Umbrellas and chairs for the more prepared beach-goers. Photo by Jenna Brucoli.








2 comments:

  1. looks like you had fun! You should come see me and get your next sun burn at marthas vineyard =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please! Well, hopefully not the sunburn part...but definitely yes to visiting AND going to Martha's Vineyard!

      Delete