Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm Alive, I Swear!

I would like to state two very obvious facts:

I am very aware that I am the worst blogger in the world. When life gets stressful, it's usually the first thing to go, besides doing my hair or makeup or practicing good hygiene in general. So rest assured (maybe?) that I will be back with semi-regularly updated content and NYC excitement here at JSQ very soon. Annnnd thanks so much to some of my new followers! Usually after taking an over 2 weeklong blogging hiatus without so much as an explanation, I lose followers, not gain them! So thanks!

2  The reasons I've been MIA are as follows:

  • Moving (finally) into our newly renovated apartment: Everything is pretty much still packed up in boxes, and I desperately need to do laundry, but I can't find a spare second to do anything lately...
  • Furniture building: We took a 7-hour trip to IKEA a few weekends ago, and left with about a metric ton of furniture which was delivered last Monday and stowed in one of the bedrooms. We've been building things slowly but surely, but the place is still overrun with boxes. 
  • Picking out paint colors: We chose a light celery color for the kitchen, but the jury is still out on the bathroom, our bedrooms, and the living room. (In true JSQ style, my paint swatches are pictured below... Yes, I'm aware that I'm terribly predictable at this point. Except when it comes to my blog-updating schedule.



1 comment:

  1. Oh putting Ikea furniture together is a little nightmare in it's own! But it's always exciting to get your place done ;)

    ReplyDelete