Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sock Bun Success!

Photo via pinterest

Hi– Libby here. Have you all seen the tutorials flying around blogs and YouTube about the "sock bun"? Well, I'm here to personally endorse it. I tried it on New Years Eve, and it was so easy! (See my results below) As with most hairstyles, it works best with when styled on dirty hair and with lots of hairspray.


As an added bonus, when you take out the bun, your hair will have lots of volume with pretty, no-heat curls. Google "sock bun" for numerous tutorials on how to make this hairstyle.

4 comments:

  1. I've tried it a few times and I can never get all of my ends to roll up into the bun and it always ends up in a jumbled mess with half my hair in the bun and half out, any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think getting all the ends in is the hardest part–especially if you have layers. But, If you start with a good amount of your hair rolled into the bun, as you go you can kind of tuck the loose ends in. Keep rolling it down, even if looks really messy at first, and once you get it down close to your head it should smooth out.

      Hope this helps! Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Super cute - I'll have to try this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo amazing, Libby!! Thanks for all your lovely guest posts! Love them!

    ReplyDelete