Thursday, December 15, 2011

Live in the Sunshine...

I have been obsessed with this quote since I was in high school. My AP English teacher, Mr. Whittaker, spent a good long time hammering us students with the Transcendentalists...and I knew right away that the movement was something that interested me. The philosophy, the beauty of the writing, the emphasis on goodness. I remember it being the last thing I really liked in the category of "required reading." Well, not to discount The Great Gatsby, of course! But while the real Ralph Waldo Emerson quote reads "Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, Drink the wild air's salubrity," it most often gets cut short, like in this gorgeous illustration by Katie Daisy. I found it this morning and I'm pretty much head-over-heels in lurve with it. What about you guys? Any closeted Transcendentalists out there, or did Mr. Emerson lose you at that whole "transparent eyeball" thing?

Illustration by Katie Daisy

0 comments:

Post a Comment