Friday, March 26, 2010

Must-Have #10

Back in November, I did a little Fall/Winter must-have list, inspired by the Nina Garcia book The One Hundred. Since Spring is here, (although there is snow on the ground as I write this...) I thought I would add to the list here and there with some more weather appropriate Must-Have items for the Sping/Summer seasons. 

Take a look at this classic photo of style icon, Audrey Hepburn. Now, as much as I wish I could go out for a bike ride looking exactly like this from head to toe, I can certainly replicate what is happening south of her ankles...

#10 White Ballet Flats

They are the perfect shoe for Spring because they go with anything, they're comfortable, and they allow you to change out your black ballet flat for a more season-appropriate look. I bought my first pair of these 6 years ago, and have been wearing them to death ever since. Time for some new ones, and I have my eye on this pair from Aldo for $40.00. There are plenty of round-toe options as well if you are over pointy shoes. 

I'd like to add that here at Jenna Sais Quois, I like to feature only beautiful and delightful things and leave the "Don'ts" at the door, but I have to say just one thing...There is no room in a woman's wardrobe for rubber flip-flops. Ever. So use a white flat or a more structured thong sandal to get you through Summer stylishly.

Edit: Okay, okay...the shower of a dorm bathroom or locker room, or the beach (on the actual sand!) are appropriate places, if you must...

0 comments:

Post a Comment