Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Channeling Donna Reed

I always knew I loved Etsy, but my love was taken to a whole new level when I realized that there is a dressmaker, AudreyandGrace who creates custom made 50s inspired cocktail attire in any size specification you want. 
There aren't enough words in the English language to describe how badly I need this dress. But then, they made it available in a myriad of different colored fabrics too. 

They also make this little Garden Party number! I'm not sure I love the fabric shown, but luckily they have six floral fabrics to choose from. I seriously would wear dresses like these every day and not even care if people looked at me strangely. I blame my Grandmother for letting me color in my mother's old Barbie and Skipper coloring books from the sixties. She created a vintage loving monster. And I simply can't get enough of this silhouette from the one of the most elegant times in women's fashion.

1 comment:

  1. Great dress. I like that garden number too, which is perfect for an afternoon garden party. Too bad I don't have an invitation to one ;)

    ReplyDelete