Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bright Star

Sorry I haven't blogged in ages! I had a very special houseguest for part of the weekend/week. Brian was visiting from Atlanta, and has now returned safely to his new home south of the Mason-Dixon line. 
Now, I saw this movie yesterday with Cate, and I want to tell you that it was both the most beautiful thing I've ever seen as well as the saddest. Like, I cried more than my 12-year-old self did during Titanic. It is about the life and love of the poet John Keats and Fanny Brawn, which was cut short by Keats' untimely death. 

It was the most beautiful art direction I've ever seen, and though I love a good period piece anyway, the fashion in this movie was more stellar than I could have ever hoped because Fanny Brawne was a talented seamstress, and dressed in the most high-fashion clothes of the early 1800's. I highly recommend this movie, but bring tissues and keep your eyes wide open for the most gorgeous sights you will ever see on the silver screen. 
It's also important to note that Cate, who is quite often my "period piece" film partner, may never see a movie with me again for two reasons. One: I cried and sniffled through the majority of the movie. Two: I was so disgusted by the character of Mr. Brown that I literally (and audibly) scoffed each time he entered a scene, before he even did anything scoff-worthy. I just knew it was coming!

0 comments:

Post a Comment