Tuesday, September 8, 2009

(500) Days of Summer

I saw this movie over the weekend with my boyfriend, while he was in town. He has since flown back to Atlanta, but I am left thinking of how much I loved this movie. 

The cast was amazing, and I left completely jealous of Zooey Deschanel's look. She is like some kind of 60's mod siren. Everything about her is stunning. I want her haircut, her retro wardrobe...everything. 



As far as the plot is concerned, it was poignant, artistic, and certainly had lines that will resonate with me for a while. One of the most biting moments was at the end, and I won't give anything away...but it involves the words "What I was never sure of with you..." Partcularly harsh. 

The tagline: This is not a love story. This is a story about love. 
And it is certainly good that they presented us with that detail up front. The unfurling of this story was full of joy and heartache. And I can't wait until it comes out on DVD so I can watch it repetitively. 

2 comments:

  1. i loved it too! lets go see "adam" now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Times 2 wishing I was Zooey...her and the Real Ben Gibbard got engaged today! What an indie princess!! You should help plan the inspired wedding :)

    ReplyDelete