Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Meet Me in St. Louis

With Brian gone to Atlanta, I have the TV all to myself, and have been watching Turner Classic Movies non-stop. I am definitely a lover of old movies, and I just never get sick of this one.

There are just so many wonderful things about it that make me happy. First of all, Judy Garland just looks like the picture of beauty in her lovely turn-of-the-century costumes. She is just radiant. 

Second, the music is amazing. "The Boy Next Door" "Clang, Clang, Clang Goes the Trolley" "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and of course "Meet Me in St. Louis" are all songs that practically every knows the melody to. 

Third, there are just so many moments that I love. The telephone scene between Rose and Warren, after the party when Esther and John Truitt turn down the lights together, the Halloween scenes, and of course the trolley scene! 

But also there's the Christmas dance when Esther goes with Grandpa, and then of course the proposal scenes for both Esther and Rose. And lets face it, everything Margaret O'Brien does in the movie is pure gold. 


This is absolutely one of my favorite movies ever. And the beautiful scene at the end, at the World's Fair, with all those beautiful lights, and the girls in pretty white dresses...it just makes my whole night to watch it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment